Furuno Telko (Tecdis) Type Specific
This course provides participants with
familiarisation and understanding of the Furuno (Norway) Telko (TECDIS) system. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to safely and efficiently use the TECDIS system as their primary means of navigation. Please note this is NOT the separate Furuno FMD 3200/330 type specific
The course is designed for deck officers who have attended an IMO Model Course 1.27 Generic ECDIS Training (2012) course and are preparing to sail on board vessel/s fitted with Furuno Telko TECDIS.
This familiarisation course covers the following aspects of TECDIS:
Theory and Practical
- Discussions and application of lessons learned to date.
- DP operation planning and preparation.
- Operating the DP desk under normal and pressure conditions.
- Developing decision making on courses of action due to numerous systems failures.
- Developing communication skills as a part of the bridge team and overall project team.
- Analysis and interpretation of DP trends.
- Understanding of alarms and printer readout.
- Understanding and initiating DP Alert Status alarms.
- Practice effective bridge and project teamwork
This course enables participants to take a bridge watch on board vessels using TECDIS as the primary means of navigation.
The course complies with the requirements of STCW 2010 A-I/14 and ISM Code 6.3 & 6.5.
Participants will need to have completed an IMO Model Course 1.27 Generic ECDIS course or recognised
equivalent training scheme.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
This course requires the ability to read and interpret procedures, manuals and directions as provided to operators. Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms and completing logs and reports. The training and
assessments are conducted in English.
Assessment & Competency Achievement
100% attendance to the course is required to be eligible for the course certificate. Additionally, practical assessment is carried out on completion of the training. A minimum score of 70% is required to pass the assessment.
Day 1 8:30am to 4:30pm
Day 2 8:30am to 12:00pm
Number of Participants
Minimum 4 participants
Maximum 6 participants
Course Fee and Additional Service Costs
$1,562.00 ($1420.00 + GST)
This course fee includes lunch, and morning and afternoon tea at the centre
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
Course participants are required to agree with the Term and Conditions of enrolment. These terms and conditions are available on request from Perth Simulation Centre staff.