Offshore Vessel Manoeuvring
This course provides the underpinning maneuvering and ship handling knowledge and skills for Deck Officers on board offshore support vessels. The course prepares deck officers for on board training to meet the training requirements of STCW 2010 Section B/V (e).
The course is designed for Deck Cadets and Deck Officers new to the offshore industry and unfamiliar with the maneuvering characteristics of offshore support vessels.
- Review of ship handling theory, including application of the pivot point.
- Planned approaches to offshore facilities.
- Risk assessment and planning for entering the 500m safety zone.
- Review machinery and power requirements in various situations/operations
- Introduction to joystick maneuvering and change-over procedures.
- Review causal factors in previous OSV maneuvering incidents/accidents.
- Conduct after action review of simulation cases/feedback.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
There are no specific LL&N requirements for this course. The course is delivered in English.
Assessment & Competency Achievement
There is no formal assessment carried out at the completion of the course. 100% attendance and participation in the course is required. Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Training on completion of the course.
Day 1 8:30am to 4:30pm
Day 2 8:30am to 4:30pm
Day 3 8:30am to 3:00pm
Course Fee and Additional Service Costs
$4,527.60 ($4,116.00 + GST)
This course fee includes lunch, and morning and afternoon tea at the center.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
Course participants are required to agree with the Term and Conditions of enrolment. These terms and conditions are available on request from Perth Simulation Centre staff.